May 31, 2016
UEFA Champions League & Nissan: The Milan Match
Milan – May 29 – At this year’s UEFA Champions League Final, the Official Global Automotive Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League, Nissan, brought guests from across the globe to see the much anticipated final that saw Real Madrid C.F. take home the trophy.
· CENTRE CIRCLE CARRIERS: During the Final, 25 football fans from were given a once in a lifetime experience courtesy of Nissan. During half-time, 25 winners of the “Me Waving the Flag” competition on Facebook walked out onto the pitch at the San Siro Stadium in front of an 80,000-strong crowd to wave the iconic black and white flag.
· NAME ON THE FLAG: In the build-up to the Final, fans had been given the opportunity to submit their name to be weaved into the iconic flag.
· CLARENCE SEEDORF: At this year’s UEFA Champions League Final, Nissan was joined by UEFA Champions League record-holder, Clarence Seedorf.
· EV PRESENCE: Nissan supplied more than 100 electric vehicles to UEFA and associated sponsors to transport guests and officials during the final weekend.
Nissan also had the honor of transporting the iconic UEFA Champions League trophy to the Champions Festival on Thursday 26th May in a specially designed e-NV200, then to the stadium ahead of the Final on Saturday in a half Nissan LEAF. As a gift to Milan and its surrounding airports, Nissan in partnership with A2A installed 17 public EV rapid chargers, 13 of which remain free of charge following the Final.
· PLAYSTATION VR GT-R: Nissan brought a thrilling virtual reality experience in the new 2017 Nissan GT-R to fans at the Champions Festival, in partnership with fellow sponsor PlayStation.
· NISSAN EXCITEMENT INDEX: Nissan with Loughborough University and Opta statistics revealed the ‘Exciting Eleven’ Madrid XI – a combination of both Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid C.F. squads using players’ excitement scores that were generated throughout the tournament.
· FINAL 360: To celebrate this year’s UEFA Champions League Final, Nissan took the brand to the forefront of innovation and entertainment by creating the world’s first YouTube live 360 degrees film for a major sporting event, focusing on real-time fan excitement on the streets of Madrid.